Cloudera Manager's REST API lets you work with existing tools, and programmatically manage your
The API is available in both Cloudera Express and Cloudera Enterprise, and comes with open-source
Download Cloudera Manager
Here are some of the cool things you can do with Cloudera Manager via the API:
- Deploy an entire Hadoop cluster programmatically. Cloudera Manager supports
- Configure various Hadoop services and get config validation.
- Take admin actions on services and roles, such as start, stop, restart, failover,
etc. Also available are the more advanced workflows, such as setting up high availability
- Monitor your services and hosts, with intelligent service health checks and metrics.
- Monitor user jobs and other cluster activities.
- Retrieve timeseries metric data.
- Search for events in the Hadoop system.
- Administer Cloudera Manager itself.
- Download the entire deployment description of your Hadoop cluster in a json file.
Additionally, with the appropriate licenses, the API lets you:
- Perform rolling restart and rolling upgrade.
- Audit user activities and accesses in Hadoop.
- Perform backup and cross data-center replication for HDFS and Hive.
- Retrieve per-user HDFS usage report and per-user MapReduce resource usage report.