Mount Point: /api/v3/v2/entities
Updates user-editable properties of an entity (aka business metadata).Note that all editable properties will be overwritten with the given metadata. If tags or properties are left out, they will remain as they were. This method is not recommended for bulk updates.
- sourceID (required): The navigator source identity as stored in solr (the user can get this via a call to GET api/v1/entities/?query=type:SOURCE). This must match the exact source that the entity will be extracted from (for example, if you have HDFS-1 and HDFS-2, you must specify the correct one that contains the entity you're expecting for it to match).
parentPath: The path of the parent entity, as defined below:
HDFS file/directory: fileSystemPath of parent directory (do not
provide this field if the entity being affected is the root directory)
example parentPath for /user/admin/input_dir: /user/admin
- Hive database: N/A
Hive table/view: Name of database containing this table/view
example for table in default database: default
Hive column: <database name>/<table/view name>
example for column in sample_07 table: sample_07
- HDFS file/directory: fileSystemPath of parent directory (do not provide this field if the entity being affected is the root directory)
originalName (required): The name as defined by the source system.
HDFS file/directory: name of file or directory ("ROOT" if the
entity being affected is the root directory)
example originalName for /user/admin/input_dir: input_dir
Hive database/table/view/column: name of the
database/table/view/column being affected
example for default database: default
example for sample_07 table: sample_07
- name: name metadata
- description: description metadata
- tags: tag metadata
- properties: property metadata
- HDFS file/directory: name of file or directory ("ROOT" if the entity being affected is the root directory)
The source ID, parentPath, and updated properties.
The updated entity.
Retrieves a collection of entity objects based on the query specified.
|query||The query that the results should be filtered with.||query|
|ids||The ids of the entities to return.||query|
|limit||The maximum number of results allowed by the client.||query||100|
|offset||The offset from 0 at which the result should start.||query||0|
A Collection of Entity instances that match the specified query.