Cloudera Manager's REST API lets you work with existing tools, and programmatically manage your
The API is available in both Cloudera Standard and Cloudera Enterprise, and comes with open-source
Download Cloudera Manager
Here are some of the cool things you can do with Cloudera Manager via the API:
- Deploy an entire Hadoop cluster programmatically. CM supports HDFS, MapReduce, YARN, ZooKeeper, HBase, Hive, Oozie, Hue, Flume, Impala, Solr, and Sqoop.
- Configure various Hadoop services and get config validation.
- Take admin actions on services and roles, such as start, stop, restart, failover, etc. Also available are the more advanced workflows, such as setting up high availability and decommissioning.
- Monitor your services and hosts, with intelligent service health checks and metrics.
- Monitor user jobs and other cluster activities.
- Retrieve timeseries metric data.
- Search for events in the Hadoop system.
- Administer CM itself.
- Download the entire deployment description of your Hadoop cluster in a json file.
Additionally, with the appropriate licenses, the API lets you:
- Perform rolling restart and rolling upgrade.
- Audit user activities and accesses in Hadoop.
- Perform backup and cross data-center replication for HDFS and Hive.
- Retrieve per-user HDFS usage report and per-user MapReduce resource usage report.